Archive of Party-Political Documents
Tables and figures
- National election programmes
- National political platforms
- Natinal political press releases
- National political conventions
- Local Sami election programmes
- Sami central programmes
- County municipal election programmes
- Municipal election programmes
- Search national election programmes, political platforms and press releases
- Search local Sami election programmes and central programmes
- Search county municipal election programmes
- Overview of party documents
- Party documents - chapter headlines
- Party documents - paragraphs
- Party documents - sentences
- Word index (all characters)
- Word index
- CD: Overview of party documents
- CD: Party documents - chapter headlines
- CD: Word index
- Party lists at the county municipal level
- Documentation of opinion polls by TNS Gallup, Opinion and Sentio
- Opinion polls - results
The archive contains all Norwegian party manifestos for parliamentary elections in the period 1884-2001. The text corpus was updated in connection with the parliamentary election in 2003 and expanded to cover press releases. In 2003 the text corpus has been further extended with municipality and county manifestos. The text corpus has resulted in two products:
- All election manifestos, long-term manifestos and other central documents from 1884 to 2001 are prepared on CD and wrapped in software for retrieval and text search (in Norwegian only).
- All election manifestos, long-term manifestos and press releases from 1993 to 2005 are accessible at NSD's Norwegian PolSys pages.
Summary of the text corpus per 2004
- Long-term manifestos:
All long-term manifestos for parties that have been represented at Parliament. N= ca 75.
- Nation-wide election manifestos:
All election manifestos for parties that have been represented at Parliament and some manifestos for parties that have participated in elections but not gained seats in Parliament. N= ca 300.
- Nation-wide central documents:
Central and important documents for parties that have been represented at Parliament, but not prepared election manifestos or long-term manifestos. N= ca 40.
- Nation-wide press releases:
Press releases from central parties that have been represented at Parliament. Oldest press releases from the Labour party in 1990. N= ca 7 500.
Statutes for nine central parties.
- Election manifestos at county level:
Almost complete selection of manifestos at county election 1993. N= ca 340.
- Election manifestos at municipality level:
Some manifestos at municipality election in 1993. N= ca 120