Processing the notification
What is the processing time?
It normally takes at least 30 days from the day you submit your Notification form until your project is assigned a case officer. If your Notification form is filled out in a satisfactory manner and your attachments are complete, there is an increased chance of you receiving our assessment quickly thereafter. On the other hand, if we need to send you questions and comments regarding your Notification form, attachments and project implementation, the processing time might be prolonged.
NB! We currently have a lot of incoming projects, so a processing time of 6-8 weeks should be expected. We apologise for the inconvenience.
How can I contribute to a quicker processing time?
In order for us to be able to process your Notification form as quickly as possible, it is important that you:
- familiarize yourself with the relevant vocabulary and research methods and read about your particular research topic
- thoroughly read the questions and guidance text when filling out the Notification form
- attach any relevant information (such as an information letter, interview guide, questionnaire and other approvals)
If you still have any questions, have a look at the answers to our freqently asked questions
What do we assess?
When processing your Notification form, we do an overall assessment of how you will be processing personal data in your project. Among other things, our assessment involves:
- whether the personal data you will be collecting are relevant for the purpose of your project
- how you will be collecting, registering, storing and/or aligning and disclosing personal data
- whether you must give information to and gain consent from your sample
- whether your information letter and consent form meet legal requirements (if you are to give written information)
- how long you will be processing personal data, and whether you plan to anonymise or store the data after the end of your project.