- Unicameral parliament.
- Chamber name: Croatian Parliament (Hrvatski Sabor)
- Members (lower house): 153
- Term: 4 years
- Constituencies: 10 multi-member constituencies (14 seats each) in the area of the Republic of Croatia for 140 seats; one special constituency (an unfixed number of) for Croatian citizens residing abroad (constituency No. 11); one national constituency (eight seats) reserved for the autonomous national minorities (constituency No. 12)
- Voting system:
- 1990: Single-member districts. 80 seats by plurality in two ballots. All candidates with at least 7 percent of the vote could enter the second round.
- 1992: Mixed member system. Elections were held in 60 single member districts by plurality. 60 seats were elected in one national district by proportional representation (D’Hondt). Four seats were elected by plurality in four ethnic minority districts from minorities that contain less than 8 percent of the population, and an additional minority deputy was elected from the party list section. 13 additional seats were given to the Serb minority.
- 1995: Mixed member system. 127 seats were elected. 28 seats are elected by plurality in single member districts. 80 seats were elected by proportional representation (D’Hondt) in a national tier with a 5 percent electoral threshold. 12 seats were elected abroad in one tier by proportional representation (D’Hondt). 7 seats were reserved for minorities elected by plurality.
- Since 2000: Multi-member districts. 10 electoral districts with 14 candidates each by proportional representation (D’Hondt). One electoral district with a maximum of 12 seats for the diaspora (number of seats is depending on the turnout). One electoral district with 8 members for ethnic minorities. Legal threshold: 5 percent on the electoral district level. From the 8 minority seats, 3 Serbian deputes are elected in an ethnic multi-member district by plurality rule and in 5 other single-member districts other minority groups elect 1 deputy each (since 2003).
- Voter requirements:18 years of age; Croatian citizenship
- Voting is not compulsory.
Parliamentary election 2011, Electoral Districts. Main parties.