- Bicameral parliament
- Chamber name: House of Representatives (Chambre des Représentant)
- Members (lower house): 150
- Term: 4 years
- Constituencies: since 2003: 11 multi-member constituencies/provinces (1995-2003: 20; 1919-1995: 30).
- Voting system: Proportional; Party-list system, with proportional representation in accordance with the d'Hondt method; remainders are distributed at the level of the provinces. Vote-splitting is not provided for, but preferential voting with respect to the same list is possible.
- Voter requirements: 18 years of age; Belgian citizenship; full possession of civil and political rights; residence in country.
- Voting is compulsory; any unjustified abstention is punishable, penalties ranging from a possible fine to removal from the register.
Election results, 1991-2010. Selected parties.
Election results: http://www.ibzdgip.fgov.be/result/nl/main.html
Federal government election site.
Inter-Parliamentary Union: PARLINE database on national parliaments
Constituency-Level Elections Archive (CLEA): country descriptions.
Government (Belgium), in Europa World online. London, Routledge. University of Bergen. Retrieved 28 October 2009 from http://www.europaworld.com/entry/be.is.37.