Archiving of Research Data
NSD archives data from projects conducted by researchers and students at universities, specialised and state university colleges, institutes and other research institutions. The data that can be archived comprises anonymous machine-readable quantitative data and machine-readable data with personal identification. NSD’s work on archiving research data is in line with the major investment in research infrastructure and better utilisation of research resources that are seen worldwide.
Why Archive Data?
Archiving of research data is important for a number of reasons. The most important are:
- Ensure that important information is not lost for future generations
- Permit re-use in future research projects, follow-up studies, time series and comparative analysis
- Avoid the collection or processing of identical information twice or more
- Avoid asking informants the same question twice or more
- Secure the possibility for future review and evaluation of research results
Sharing your data via the Archive ensures that your data will be professionally curated, will be easily accessible to users now and in the future and increases the impact and visibility of your own research.
Data Producers’ Advantages
- Reduced pressure/work load
- Effective data provision mechanism
- Extensive and qualified use
- Quality control
- Visibility and usability
- Support, trust and legitimacy
Research Community’s Advantages
- Easy and equal access to rich data resources
- Cost and time efficient
- Qualified data and support service
How to archive data?
Please store your data by sending your data set(s) and related documentation to NSD via email to email@example.com. For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org or +47 5558 2117.